Research department GIS and Cadastre (Department 21)
Department GIS and Cadastre is specialized research department focused on:
- Applied research in creation and maintenance of GIS and Cadastral and Surveying Information System.
- Research and development in areas of geospatial information, information systems and their applications in context of civil service, cadastre and national map sets.
- Research of metadata systems, catalogues, thesauri, international terminology for GIS
- Research in mobile and navigation systems, geospatial data processing
- Guaranteed geospatial data collecting
- Development of methods for geospatial data collection and update
- Data conversions between Cadastre Exchange Format and standard data formats
- Digitization of analogue maps' content
- Renewal of Cadastre data - DKM, KMD
- Geospatial data quality assessment according to international standards
- Survey of real construction
- Calculation of volumes of freely stored materials
- Survey sketches, borders laying-out
- Complete surveying works for construction
GIS and Cadastre department offers:
- software products DIKAT, Informace KN and support services
- training and consultation services
The department works on projects answering needs of Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre, research projects funded by TA CR and joint projects with other VÚGTK departments and partners.