Research department of Metrology and Engineering Geodesy
Research department of Metrology and Engineering Geodesy is focused on:
- metrology in geodesy
- standardization an terminology in geodesy
- engineering geodesy
- development, production and installation of automated measuring systems and simple measuring tools
- Certified Calibration Laboratory for calibration of measuring instruments used in civil and mechanical engineering.
- Authorized Metrology Centrefor measuring tape verification
- maintenance of National Standard for lengths 25m to 1450m (ev. n. ECM 110-13/08-041) Length base Koštice
- Associated Metrology Laboratory of Czech Metrology Institute
Standardization and terminology
Department's employees are members of:
- technical standardization comissions n. 24 "Gemoetric precision of buildings" and 122 "Geographic information/geomatics" founded by Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing
- Metrology department and Technical commission for measuring tools of Czech Office for Standards, Metrology and Testing
- Terminology Committee of Czech Office for Surveying, Mapping and Cadastre
The department operates web application Terminological dictionary.
Development, production and installation of automated measuring systems and measuring tools
Development, production and installation of automated measuring systems
The department provides specialized automated measuring systems for measuring and monitoring vertical deformations of building real-time. This system, HYNI, is used in nuclear power plant Temelín. It's based on hydrostatic levelling. Its components are sensors connected to a computer with specialized software. The measuring range of +/-10 cm and its precision is characterized by standard deviation < 0.01mm.
Development and production of geodetic instruments, cartographic tools:
- sets for measuring geometric parameters of crane rails
- drawing triangles in scales 1 : 1000/2000, 1 : 2880, 1 : 500 and others according to requests.
- custom rulers
- integrated shrinkage meters for scales 1 : 500, 1 : 1000/2000 and 1 : 2880 on special non-shrinkable foils
- fastening screw with universal thread for measuring instruments
- convergent instruments with invar tapes